Anyone interested in being involved with the historic Grossdale Station or with an interest in local history is encouraged to join. The society receives no government income, but is dependent on its members and the community. Current membership is about 400.
Annual membership rates are:
• $15 for individuals
• $35 for families
• $10 for seniors
• $50 for sponsors
In addition, lifetime membership is $200.
To join, contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your dues to the society at:
Brookfield Historical Society
8820 1/2 Brookfield Avenue
Brookfield, IL 60513
The lifeblood of our organization is the volunteers. For those who want to take an active role, there are multiple opportunities. Among these are:
• Serving as an officer (director, assistant director, secretary, treasurer)
• Being a docent during open houses
• Becoming a curator and organizing the museum
• Helping with maintenance and restoration around the station
• Watering plants during the summer
• Arranging or suggesting programs for meetings
• Helping at Monsters on Mainstreet (Halloween event)
• Stuffing envelopes for mail-a-thon fundraiser
Other opportunities may be available if there is an interest. For instance, the society in the past has sponsored a school essay contest, and presented Preservation Awards to homeowners. It has also hosted an annual flea market on the station grounds. These activities need volunteers to get them going again.
If any of the above sound interesting, please contact the director at email@example.com. We can really use your help!